- We collect information about you and how you use the OneLaunch software application(s).
- We collect Anonymous Data and Application Data (as defined below) to make our website and the OneLaunch software application(s) more useful to you.
- If we do collect Personal Data (as defined below), we will only use this information for lawful purposes and will store and retain this information for as long as required by applicable law.
- You can contact us any time to update or remove any Personal Data that we have collected and stored about you.
Lawful Basis for Processing Data
In certain jurisdictions, the processing of your Personal Data (as defined below) is lawful only if it is permitted under data protection legislation. In this case, we have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities (unless an exemption applies) as outlined below:
- Legal Obligation. We will process your Personal Data where the processing is necessary to comply with applicable law.
- Legitimate Interest. We will process your Personal Data based on Legitimate Interest, particularly where it is used for fraud prevention and business and support purposes.
- Contract. We may process your Personal Data where such processing is required in order to fulfill an agreement or contract with you.
How We Collect and Use Personal and Anonymous Data
When you access the Site, purchase a Software license, install the Software on your computer system, register for any associated products and/or services, or use the Software in any way, we may collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you. We may also collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data when you send us information or communications.
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you including, for example, and without limitation:
- your name;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- your Windows machine unique identifier;
- your physical address (address, state/province, ZIP/postal code, country);
- your electronic mail (email) address;
- your phone number;
- your account name;
- your geographic location or geolocation; and
- your credit card information.
Personal Data may be used for the purposes of recording the transaction when you access the Site, when you purchase a Software license, or when you use any of the Software or any associated products and/or services. OneLaunch does not knowingly collect any sensitive personal data or any data defined under special categories of the applicable law(s).
We may also use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to fulfill your requests for the Software and any associated product(s) and/or service(s);
- for use in internal business analytics;
- to prevent fraud;
- to send you information about the Software including any confirmations, invoices, purchase receipts, upcoming license renewals, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to engage with third-party service providers so that you can access and use the Software and any associated product(s) and/or service(s);
- to respond to your communications with OneLaunch;
- to communicate with you about products and services offered by OneLaunch and its selected partners;
- to contact you to resolve problems that you may encounter with the Site, the Software, and any associated product(s) and/or service(s);
- to process and fulfill your purchase of a Software license, or your purchase of any associated product(s) and/or service(s);
- to fulfill your requests for the Software; and
- to periodically conduct product and market research regarding your use of the Software and any associated product(s) and/or service(s).
If and when we use a third-party payment processing merchant, third-party technical support provider, third-party technology provider, or third-party hosting provider, we ensure that the same privacy criteria, as defined herein with respect to Personal Data, are in place with such third parties.
“Anonymous Data” refers to data about you that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data. Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. If and when we use a third-party technical support provider or third-party hosting provider, we ensure that the same privacy criteria as defined herein with respect to Anonymous Data are in place with such merchant. We do not (knowingly) collect personal information from persons under the age of (18) eighteen.
How We Collect and Use Application Data
Sharing and Retention of Personal Data
We will never sell, trade, or rent any Personal Data, or any Anonymous Data that may contain Personal Data, to any third party.
In certain special cases, we may use, retain, or disclose your Personal Data when we have reason to believe that using, retaining, or disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with OneLaunch's rights, property or operations, other OneLaunch users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also use, retain, or disclose your Personal Data when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have engaged in conduct which might be considered, unlawful, fraudulent, or which might harm or damage the reputation or standing of OneLaunch with either the general public or with a business partner or potential business partner of OneLaunch, we reserve the right to release your Personal Data to such persons or third parties as we consider necessary in order to prevent you from causing injury to, or otherwise injuring or interfering, now or in the future, with OneLaunch's rights, property or operations or otherwise the rights, property or operations of anyone else who could be harmed by such conduct.
Your Rights With Respect to Your Personal Data
This section applies if you are located in the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA). In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to and to receive your Personal Data.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your Personal Data without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your Personal Data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that Personal Data.
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Data, and to object to processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
This section applies if you are a resident in the State of California. In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have certain rights with respect to the processing of your personal information. Under CCPA, you have a right to request that we provide you with the following:
- Categories of information. The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Categories of sources. The categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- Purpose. The purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information.
- Categories of third parties. The categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
- Business purpose. For companies that disclose personal information for business purposes, the categories of personal information disclosed about you for such business purposes.
- Selling of information. For companies that “sell” personal information, the categories of personal information that are being sold and the categories of third parties to which the personal information is being sold. Note that OneLaunch does not “sell” personal information as defined by the CCPA.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you opt-out of having your information collected through cookies and other web technologies, your existing display advertising cookie(s) will be deleted and a new cookie will attempt to be placed that instructs third-party service providers not to track your future activities when that cookie is detected (a “do-not-track” cookie). If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit our opt-out page, a “do-not-track” cookie cannot be set on your computer. Also, if you subsequently erase “do-not-track” cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again. We currently do not respond to browser "do-not-track" signals.
Third-party Links - The Site and the Software may contain links to other third-party owned and/or operated websites and, where you request information from third-party providers, OneLaunch may transfer you directly to the websites of such third-party providers. OneLaunch is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. In some cases, you may be required to provide certain information to register or complete a transaction at such website. These third-party websites have separate privacy and data collection practices and OneLaunch has no responsibility or liability relating to them. We do not endorse, nor are we responsible for the accuracy of, the privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of such website. These third-party entities are independent third parties and are not affiliated with OneLaunch.
Third-party Offers - OneLaunch may provide its users with the opportunity to receive special offers, products and/or services from third parties. Where you indicate the desire to receive certain offers, products or services from a third party during the applicable information collection process, your Personal Data that was provided during that information collection process will be shared with the applicable third party so that such third party may provide their products and/or services to you so that you do not have to complete another information collection form to purchase or receive that product or service.
Third-party Cookies - Clicking on any third-party offers may add and place cookies on your computer prior to directing you to the applicable advertiser’s site. These third parties have separate cookie polices and OneLaunch has no responsibility or liability relating to them. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You are not required to accept cookies, however, if your browser rejects our cookies you may not be able to use all of the Site functionality.
Third-party Technology and Services - The Site or the Software may contain certain software technologies and services licensed from third-party providers. OneLaunch may engage with certain third-party services and solutions providers such as data hosting service providers, traffic monitoring service providers, and advertising service providers. These third-party providers have separate privacy and data collection practices and policies, and OneLaunch has no responsibility or liability relating to them. We do not endorse, nor are we responsible for the accuracy of the terms and conditions of any third-party privacy policies. These third-party entities are independent third parties and are not affiliated with OneLaunch.
OneLaunch may be using or sharing your Personal Data for Legitimate Interest purposes with third-party service providers, including without limitation:
- AccuWeather (Weather Services);
- AlgoLift (Analytics/Optimization Services);
- Bing News Search (Content Services/Web/Internet Search Services);
- Free Geo IP (Location/Geolocation Services);
- Google Analytics (Traffic/Campaign Monitoring Services);
- Google Maps (Location/Geolocation Services);
- Keen IO (Analytics Services);
- Mixpanel (Application Monitoring Services);
- Oath (Web/Internet Search Services);
- Recurly (Subscription Management Services);
- SafestSearch (Web/Internet Search Services);
- Stripe (Payment Processing Services);
Security of Data
OneLaunch is committed to protecting the security of any Personal Data that is collected by us. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect any Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. OneLaunch cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the collection and storage of any Personal Data, including without limitation, any mistakes and security breaches that may happen. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the unlikely event of a data breach where your Personal Data has been compromised, OneLaunch will promptly notify you, the applicable authorities and supervisory authorities or data protection authorities.
Data Retention Period
Any Personal Data that is collected and stored by OneLaunch will be retained only for as long as required in order to provide certain products and/or services to you, or as required by applicable law. Any Personal Data that is no longer required by OneLaunch will be destroyed.
OneLaunch Technologies is a team of software developers rethinking how the world browses the internet. Leveraging the power of Chromium's open-source browser, OneLaunch Technologies customizes desktop and mobile browsers for unparalleled user experiences.
327 - 911 Yates St.
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9